Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A few movies I've seen lately...

The other day I watched, for the first time, Monsters vs Aliens. I really liked it... Colbert as the president was probably my favorite part. This week I also watched Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3d! It was pretty cool seeing those classics in THE THIRD DIMENSION!!!

But what I wanted to talk about is the amazing progress of technology in the past decade. Just the amount of detail you notice from Toy Story 1 to 2 is cool but then watch a modern movie and be staggered! Monster's vs Aliens looked really really nice. The characters looked realistic... Their skin seemed alive. Of course a lot of things have good visuals... And in a few years, or decades I'll probably remember when we use to watch everything from a screen. How old fashion! Everyone uses holograms now!

The point I'm trying to make is that technology is refreshing at an ever quickening pace...
Animation is an art, I must resist the urge to let the computer do everything for me... but I can't wait for what will come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment